How do you get hitched?

How do you get hitched?

General Information Regarding Engaged And Getting Married

You can now get hitched for as long the criteria are met by them in line with the Danish Act in the Formation and Dissolution of Marriage.

You must fill in and have an application approved whether you are getting married in Copenhagen, somewhere else in Denmark or abroad.

The initial you are able to use is four months ahead of the date you want to get married.

You must apply for a so-called „provelsesattest” if you are to get married in a different city than your city of residence, or in a church or other religious community,. If you’re to have hitched abroad you need to submit an application for an „?gteskabsattest”.

The application kind form may be the regardless that is same of document you make an application for, or you are receiving hitched at City Hall in Copenhagen.

A big change in the Danish Marriage Law while the Aliens Act has brought impact on the 1 st of January 2019. You can read more about it therefore the application procedure under „Application details” below.

Right right right Here it is possible to find out about the alternative of a available atmosphere wedding into the City of Copenhagen.

Right Here you’ll find out about the chance of reserving a registrar to perform the marriage ceremony at time and put you decide.

Find out more in regards to the demands

Application details

A big change in the Danish Marriage Law and Aliens Act has had influence on the first of January 2019.

The alteration ensures that some applications for wedding are going to be prepared by a main nationwide product run by the Danish State management (Statsforvaltningen).

Partners whom must deliver their applications towards the main nationwide device are couples where one or both events:

  • aren’t Danish or Nordic residents
  • would not have unlimited residence license in Denmark
  • haven’t acquired a permanent residence right for Denmark in accordance with EU-Law.

The town of Copenhagen it’s still doing marriage ceremonies.

You have to send the application towards the municipality in Denmark what your location is registered (bop?lskommune) if you both meet the after criteria:

  • You will be Danish or citizens that are nordic
  • You have got a permanent residence license for Denmark
  • You’ve got acquired right for permanent residency in Denmark in accordance with EU-Law.

You can find out more relating to this on the site associated with State management by simply clicking this website link.

It is possible to find out more under „Documentation Requirements” below.

Documentation needs

If you should be both subscribed as residents in Denmark, and also NemID, you need to complete and deliver the notice of wedding kind digitally.

Crucial: study ” Where to Apply” above, before giving the application.

Utilizing the application you need to deliver the documentation that is following

  • Scan of the passport or nationwide ID card if you should be maybe not a Danish resident created in Denmark
  • Scan of permanent residence permit, or evidence of straight to permanent residency in Denmark in line with the EU-rules, if you’re not really a Danish or Nordic citizen
  • When you yourself have resided an additional nation than Denmark within the last few years, we would require a certificate of marital status from your own past countries of residence

If your document is granted an additional language than English, German or Danish, or is perhaps maybe not released by a country that is nordic it should be submitted in 2 variations: the first, and an interpretation into either English, German or Danish. The interpretation needs to be done by way of a certified translator.

You must submit the following if you are a citizen in a Nordic country


  • Hindersprovning
  • Personbevis
  • Intyg om vigsel

The papers are given by Skatteverket, and must certanly be no over the age of four months whenever you send out them to us.


  • Provingsattest
  • Scan associated with photo page of one’s legitimate passport

The provingsattest is released by Folkeregisteret, and must certanly be no over the age of four months whenever you send out it to us.

Iceland and Finland

  • Provelsesattest
  • Scan for the photo page of one’s legitimate passport

The provelsesattest must be no over the age of four months whenever you send it to us.


  • Filled in notice of wedding type

Faroe Islands

  • Filled in notice of wedding form
  • Scan for the image web web web page of one’s legitimate passport

Important info

Please Be Aware

  • Marriage ceremonies can be executed in English, German or Danish

  • We can not guarantee you initially wish for, so please do not book travelling tickets until your wedding date has been confirmed by the Wedding Office that you will get married on the day
  • Copenhagen City Hall will offer two witnesses however you are welcome to create your personal. There is no need to tell us relating to this until straight away prior to the marriage service
  • exact Same sex marriages is probably not recognised far away
  • You can find information here if you need to have your marriage certificate legalised
  • You are able to just replace your title if you’re registered as a resident in Denmark
  • For those who have been hitched abroad you’ll register your marriage in Denmark. You have to contact Folkeregisteret (people registration workplace) and suggest to them your wedding certification. You can easily find out more and discover contact information for Folkeregisteret right here (in Danish).

Call us

The marriage Office may be contacted via email

You can write a secure mail via this link if you have NemID.

Opening hours for individual attendance

To Friday from 9am to 4pm monday

Phone hours for basic concerns

To Friday from 8am to 5pm monday

Contact number (+45) 33 66 33 66

Phone hours for complex questions, including finding a right time for the wedding service

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 10am to 12noon

Lasă un răspuns

Adresa ta de email nu va fi publicată. Câmpurile obligatorii sunt marcate cu *